Károly Négyesi (via DrupalFire) snippet/Pull from Upstream, Push to own Repo
Get raw version
- It really frustrates me that while github nicely automated forking, there's no "update fork" button. For me, it's tedious and difficult to juggle two remotes. Instead, I added a single line to .git/config:
- [remote "origin"]
- url = email@example.com:symfony/symfony.git
- pushUrl = firstname.lastname@example.org:chx/symfony.git
- Now, I pull from the upstream and push to my own repo. Also, git config push.default current will make git push work on a newly opened branch instead of whining about the need to run git push -u origin branchname. I like it so much I have git config --global push.default current.
- Károly Négyesi (via DrupalFire) snippet/Pull from Upstream, Push to own Repo