Quckstart is a drush script used in DrupalPro Development Desktop for the easier site management. More on http://drupal.org/project/drupalpro
Actions below allows to import a site from the production server into local development. Basically, there are four steps:
1. Quick-create the database, apache host and DNS entry for the site.
- drush qc dns apache database --domain=example.dev
2. Now copy the whole drupal repository into ~/websites/example.dev,
put the example.sql database file into avaliable folder (ex. ~/websites),
configure settings.php for the created database. DBname, user and password are the same and analogous to domain. "example_dev" in this case.
3. Quick-fix permissions (if you imported a site using GIT it may be necessary to launch git checkout command to revert the overriden branch)
- drush qf --domain=example.dev
4. Navigate to settings.php localization folder and Import the database.
- cd ~/websites/example.dev/sites/default
- drush sql-cli < ~/websites/example.sql